* Be informed – visit the CIC website and investigate the immigration requirements (forms, fees, etc) for your case.
* Interview representatives before committing to a relationship.
* Make sure that the immigration representative is a member of CSIC, a provincial bar or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
* Make sure you clearly understand what services the authorized representative will be providing and the associated fees.
* Make sure you sign a retainer agreement/contract in your language of choice which clearly indicates all fees and the terms of payment.
* Keep copies of all original documentation provided to your representative
* Do not sign blank forms or applications.
* Check over all information and applications before submitting to CIC to ensure accuracy.