Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reporting of Unlicensed Immigration Agents becomes easier - Thank you ICCRC

Introducing ALERT: 

Only Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) are allowed to represent clients in immigration matters.
Canadian law requires that any immigration consultant residing and doing business in Canada or "abroad" who provides Canadian immigration services for a fee must be registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).

ALERT! is ICCRC’s confidential whistle-blowing initiative to report suspected unregulated immigration consultants.

ALERT! is an initiative to report unregulated immigration consultants only.

Unauthorized providers of immigration services are operating illegally, and ICCRC will review all claims submitted. Where necessary, the information will be forwarded to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for further investigation.

Please email ICCRC at or call the ALERT! hotline at 1-289-348-0422, or toll-free in North America at 1-877-836-7543, to provide ICCRC with the following information regarding an unlicensed consultant operating in your region:

• Full name of person(s) you are reporting
• Business name(s) (if applicable)
• Address, phone number, email address of person(s) you are reporting
• Details about your reason for reporting the person(s)

Please attach any website links, photographs, emails, advertisements and any other documentation to support your report.

Thank you for protecting consumers by reporting unregulated immigration consultants.

Source: ICCRC Website -